Monday, November 30, 2009

What is the proper technique in which to roll up cabbage rolls? I cant make them like my baba use to!?

well it's easier to show than tell so bare with me





I parch my cabbage by dipping the leaf in boiling water, then I lay it on the cutting board. put some stuffing closer to one side than the other in a row, tuck up one end then roll it up.What is the proper technique in which to roll up cabbage rolls? I cant make them like my baba use to!?
http://www.bernhards.at/recipes/cabbager鈥?/a>





scroll down the page to ';have you seen the video'; and it will give you step by step instruction on how to roll cabbage leaves.


goodluckWhat is the proper technique in which to roll up cabbage rolls? I cant make them like my baba use to!?
You have to boil the cabbage first to make is pliable. Then you fol the top down then the bottom up then each sides in and stick a toothpick through it.
what the hell is a baba?
Please, if you find out will you tell me to?Please!!!!!!! I love those things.e-mail me at nor.1953@yahoo.com Please!!!!
The main points are to


1. take the leaves and cut away most of the stalk to make it thinner - so that where the stalk WAS there is only a thin bit left - almost as thin as the cabbage leaf surrounding it.


2. boil the leaves until they're a bit soft. Otherwise you can't wrap them around anything..!





After doing that it should be easier, even if they're not the same as your baba's - whoever that is!
Parboil the cabbage for a few minutes to make the leaves tender and pliable enough to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
oily skin